Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I went to Paris, Sexy Dance Battle Trois (this is the French title of the movie 'Step Up 3-D' which was playing in theaters in Paris)

He did, we drank fast, caught a taxi and headed toward the Eiffel Tower. My man speaks wonderful French so he does all the talking. I smile and stare out the window, trying to catch details of every light and building and bit of wonder that we zip past. The night is warm and breezy and we are going, going forward and it feels good. We get to the base of the tower and it is so full of tourists. My man calls O who speaks to the taxi driver via cell phone and he drives us back across to the right bank, even though that is where we originated. That driver was difficult and was doing just what he wanted. Along the Seine, there are ramps, real roads that go down to the riverbank. We were to be dropped off down near the boat. This is not the way it worked out. The driver just pulled over on the main road and told us to get out. He had driven us around enough for one night. Ok, he was rude about it and he was not helpful. We got out and crossed the dark street and walked about 20 yards down to the slope that led to the docked boats. We walked down in the dark to a boat that was loud and bright. The party. We went on and found O on the top deck in the night with about 30 other partiers. He offered to get us a drink, champagne for everyone. The bar was open and the champagne tasted like only champagne can, the crisp round sting of the fizz on your tongue, everything. We were having the party and the party had us. Meeting, talking, being sweetly charmed by O and his hospitality and politeness mixed with his shirt open down to his waist and his hairy chest. O offered us every part of a good time and we were in full swing when the Eiffel Tower began to glitter in the night. I have seen this spectacle on film before but never here, under it, sipping champagne, laughing, in love. The breath was gone from me and I had nothing to say. This is a special occasion as I am frequently known for my talking and some of you wish I would close my mouth. Well, now you know how to get the job done. Amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment