Total Pageviews

Friday, October 1, 2010

I went to Paris, Part Deux


The Seine from my bicycle.
My cup runneth over with Parisien rainwater, also known as Champagne.




I stepped out of the shower and heard the news. ‘O is going to some wrap party for a movie, on a boat, on the Seine, under the Eiffel Tower.’ I just go silent. My brain starts to jump around.
It is very exciting inside my mind and I say: ‘Oh, that sounds good…’
My life’s love replies ‘I guess so, but I can’t be arsed.’ 
‘When does it start?’ I say.
‘The boat leaves right now, I don’t think we will make it.’ He informs.
Now, he is right, I am naked out of the shower and although it sometimes takes me less time to get ready then it does him, there is no way to avoid disappointment in this case.
‘He said to call at eleven, when the boat docks at the Eiffel Tower.’
I smiled broadly and we got dressed for dinner.  We had been going out to some of the most wonderful meals and that evening we headed to a place we had been eyeing and he most desperately wanted to eat. It was the cheapest meal I think we had on the trip. I am not sure if this place has a name. It is on a quiet corner in an Asian restaurant area. It is the most basic of noodle shops. The main attraction is an enormous pot in the front window. It is loaded to the top with all sorts of strange, murky veg and it’s broth is the basis of some great ramen. The salty richness smacks on your lips and tongue and makes those noodles that are done and firm more of a pleasure to chew. The sliced pork, bamboo, scallion and other toppings were just that, a nice addition but nothing without the base. We were all smiles, sake and Tsing Tao during that meal.
We slid off of our bar stools and onto the Paris streets. A taxi ride to the Marais and to a little bar my man claims as his favorite place for a drink since he was a student there in Paris. We were drinking our chilled red wine and the street was busy and gay, really, this is how the perfect Parisien evening makes you feel. I looked up at the clock and pointed out the time, about 11:05. ‘You should call O.’
3.

No comments:

Post a Comment