Total Pageviews

Monday, April 18, 2011

London Cycle

I just came back from Portobello Road. I rode a rent a bike over  on the road and back along the canal way. I brought my bike helmet over from NYC to use for this purpose. I forgot to take my bike helmet. I hit the road at Warwick Ave and was mostly afraid, thinking I would be hit by a black cab from out of no place. The cab would actually just be coming from the opposite direction than I would naturally expect and kill me on impact all because I didn't have my bike helmet on. But, with great determination, I swallowed and rode on through the streets. I only forgot to look once and there were no cars there. I got down to Portobello and there were no bike stands to click into. The woman at the Spanish food market, where we get our chorizo, let me park my bike at the front of the shop, thanks lady.

I took the canal way back. Less stressful, less cars. I watched a man fall over on his bike. He dropped his apples and I shouted 'Apples, apples, sir, you dropped your apples' I shouted this a couple more times and he actually looked back at me. He looked in his bag, looked back again and kept going. Didn't want his apples back.

Over the weekend, G made his eggplant paste, pickled onions and grilled squid. This was not my ideal dinner. It is really more of a course in a long meal. Luckily, G's friends came around with loads of wine and we all had a dance party in the living room. There was dancing, singing, some wrestling, hugs, drugs and wine. We all had a good time. Again, no photos, what's wrong with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment